Thursday, April 07, 2011

Spring time - drytool time ;0

When I look around here I see little lambs, flowers, birds building nests...in other words, yes, it's Spring time.
But, when I look online I see my friends hopping around in -10˚C on Icelandic glaciers and I just watched two iceclimbing videos... Weird.
The one of the DTS 2010 (Dry Tool Style, French drytooling comp) and the one from Petzl about Guy Lacelle...

Oh, yes, and for all Dutch who find it funny to try Summer iceclimbing on sportsclimbing walls, a message from friend and fellow climber Elwin:


Beste klimvrienden,

Gisteren lekker in de zon geklommen in Spaarnwoude.

Merkte echter dat sommige routes opnieuw beschadigd zijn. (1 route al bijna toe aan een +je opwaardering..)

Reden: Dry-toolen.

De 'onverlaat(en)' vermoed ik 'in ons midden' ;-). Het is ook wel heel verlokkelijk.

Toch wil ik weer, met nadruk, vragen om daar niet 'met scherp' te toolen (het beton is vrij zacht). Anders met de bekende 'kunststof Grivels', die je, indien zelf niet in het bezit, vast mag lenen/huren van klimhal Sloterdijk.

Alvast veel dank en KlimZ!

Elwin.


Here the Guy Lacelle tribute...


No comments: