Monday, April 11, 2011

CEAT Meeting Ettringen

Last time when I visited Ettringen was during the Autumn meet of the Commission Expeditions Alpine Topsport (CEAT).
This weekend was warmer, sunnier... And it was again the CEAT meeting.
We climbed so much that I forgot to film. But, still some nice things to show.
Ettringen is such a special area. The hard but silky smooth basalt, the dirty ditches you climb in full of rubbish that's been taken back by mother nature, the trees growing leaves again, the cracks...
It was so good, a bit painful though on my hands and fingers ;)
I tried a really cool 9- (French 7b+) worked it once on lead, climbed it afterwards on toprope and red point it hopefully next time! The route is called 'Einsichten eines Morphinisten' and is located in the relatively new area Schwarze Zirkel.
I missed the "I love Problems" bouldering comp in Steep Part (climbing gym in Rotterdam) so I missed the chance to qualify for the Worldcup Boulder in Eindhoven. But, that all didn't matter as outdoor climbing is what it's all about and that's what I did this weekend. I love it!
Congrats to Rachel, Roelien, Rianne, Mirthe, Hans, Jesse, Melle and Wolter!
And all Dutch team members who will join the Worldcup in June!
And it wouldn't be succesful without a "little" video...
I selected some beautiful climbs and I wanted to show just the beauty of the area. So not much talking, but a lot of climbing. Enjoy!


CEAT Meeting Ettringen, Germany from Marianne van der Steen on Vimeo.

No comments: