Saturday, July 03, 2010

Running for breast cancer


The temperatures here in Holland are raising sky-high: over 30˚C. And somehow I like to run: bad combination. So, most of the times I take a swim after running.

This evening I'll join a special run, a run against Breast Cancer: Pink Moon Run. 'A Sister's Hope' organises every year a run starting and ending at the Muiderslot Castle in Muiden (where my parents live). The run I'll join is 8km long and is actually just my normal running round to Muiderberg and back.

I join the run, because I've got tits and I love to keep them :) And it would be good if we can help all these women (and men) who get Breast Cancer!

Worldwide, breast cancer comprises 10.4% of all cancer incidence among women, making it the second most common type of non-skin cancer (after lung cancer) and the fifth most common cause of cancer death. In 2004, breast cancer caused 519,000 deaths worldwide (7% of cancer deaths; almost 1% of all deaths). Breast cancer is about 100 times more common in women than in men, although males tend to have poorer outcomes due to delays in diagnosis.

I'm a bit late wit announcing the event...Late, because I need to raise money for the breast cancer fund. The minimum amount for joining the run is €50,- (which is a lot of money for me!)

Please e-mail or call me to put in some money TODAY :)
der.steen@gmail.com

No comments: