Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ettringen instruction weekend

















This weekend not just Ettringen climbing, but something more.
I was invited by the Dutch climbing federation (NKBV) to help with the course for trad-climbing instructors. So not just climbing, but teaching climbing as well this weekend.
And when it's about something more then just teaching how to belay it's fun! The group was motivated and ready to learn.
Together with UIAGM guide Michiel Engelsman, almost-trainee-guide Jelle Staleman, Arnoud, Sjors and Dennis we thought the group the refined skills of tradclimbing.
And where else should we go...Ettringen is perfect for such a course.
The weather was 'ok', rain on Friday, sun on Saturday and more rain on Sunday.
All 'students' are already trad climbers so I even had some time to climb as well.
Tried some beautiful cracks and even had the time to project...Flirtin' with disaster, just an 8+, but I don't understand the last moves! So if anybody can explain me how to stick the moves after the last bolt...?

And...for all who climb more often in the area here the route-updates for the topo.
You can print the PDF's and add them to the topo.

Pictures thanks to Sjors Verbrugge, René and Ernst.
If you think you're on one of the pictures in the video/on my blog, please mail me so I can sent you the picca :)

No comments: