Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Values in my life



Today, May 4. is a special day. War memorial day.
My grandparents are the key to this day. I consider them to be the ones that actually made it possible for me to live my life as it is.
2 Minutes of silence.
Today May 4. is the day to remind the ones who are not with us anymore because of the values they had. The ones who fought for our freedom. For the values that sound so logical today.
I think it's important to remind ourselves to what freedom actually means.
As it's a bit difficult to say 'thanks' to people that are not alive anymore.
But I just want to try. That's why I wrote this little piece of text.
It's a I-can-not-translate-this-thing-into-any-language

Het lente gras in Muiden waait in de wind
Als glanzend groen zijde aan een waslijn
Stil rij ik voorbij het landschap
M'n hoofd vol
Gedachtes
Ideeën
Plannen
Hoe zou het zijn als ik alles dat er in mijn hoofd zit
niet meer aan mijn waslijn van waarden kan hangen.
Als ik mijn gedachtes, ideeën, plannen, moet laten waaien,
met de verkeerde wind?

Pictures: very old pictures of my granddad/grandma coloured with PS

No comments: