Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Black

Ze Black.

The Canyon is Black, making it an area that (even if you don't know anything about climbing) could scare you by looking down in it.
The poison Ivy, bears and loose rock in the SOB* gully doesn't make it sound any better.
*SOB Gully: the 'path' you walk down to get to the start of the routes, SOB stands for 'son of a bitch'.

This area is our base for this weeks.
Training Alpine style climbing together with one of the greatest teachers I've ever had.

In my climbing I've always had many questions. "Is this okay what I do?" In all subjects; from nutrition to speed, efficiency, safety and all kinds of mental and physical things.
These weeks (and the coming years) I suddenly get the opportunity to challenge myself and learn to become the Alpinist of my dreams.

Unfortunately I'd not been feeling very well (having a cold...) so I didn't climb too much yet.
And today it's raining (yay...)

Hopefully more adventure in the upcoming days :)





No comments: