Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back in Iceland






Delayed/missed flights...
After a whole lot of climbing I back in Iceland.
We arrived last Thursday after missing two (!!!) flights and spending more then € 300,- per person extra on a new ticket...
My school started last Monday so I was already skipping a whole week and I din want to miss anything more. Though I would have loved to stay longer in the Netherlands. Join some more comps, and spend more time with my friends which are all getting babies and chickas. (Well done guys just keep on fucking around :)

Céüse
In Céüse we had 4 days completely for ourselves without anybody to take care of or to be around with, as we (Valdi and me) met in Céüse two years ago we really needed this time. We spent it with climbing for the whole day. Walking up Céüse takes at about one hour only up-hill walking and then the climbing isn easy either. So after those days we didn have any energy at all. It especially was to be seen on me. I felt quit some pressure on me and wasn satisfied with my climbing. I really wanted to climb more then just 7b+. I feel I can do so much more then that! But I didn have enough time to get in shape and I am apparently a very emotional climber. If everything around me doesn;t work the way I want it, I can't focus on my climbing.
At least I learned my lesson for next time: never, never, never go on holiday with a group of three in which one person doesn have as much expirience as the other two...

I want more, I just want to climb...
Now that I am in Iceland I feel I'm not finished with the outdoor climbing season yet. I'm strong, motivated and feel I can do very well so I want to go again. Siurana, Terradets...just anywhere where there are big limestone cliffs.
I now have to find enough sponsoring and work next to my studies to be able to climb that magic number I want to climb so badly...

Netherlands
For two weeks we spent our time in the Netherlands with competitions, friends, indoorclimbing and my mum, dad and brother.
I was relieved to be in the Netherlands as I hadn't seen my friends for such a long time.
We smoked some green things in Amsterdam with our Finnish friend, we climbed on the BAZ (Bouldering at Zea) and had some indoor climbing meetings with some of my friends Gerdien, Franc with their amazing little creature Ling and later on actually finally on the last moment with Gerb, Sanan and their little half Thai girl Annika. I suddenly found babies cuite and sweet and wanted to have such a thing for myself. But ehhh, not now, sorry no time for kids.
We even spent a night in a mega villa in Brussels after our comp in Belgium (I'll write in the next posting about the two comps) with Hrappur and his family. We felt so welcome and were amazed about their hospitality. (Takk!!!) It's cool and inspiring to see what people do for living, like Hrappur and his love for sound and what he can make out of the weirdest materials like cat-toilet-rock thingies (what's the English name for a toilet for cats to do their shit and piss on???)

New home?
Now I am typing this all whils Valdi is working in the climbing gym. We looked at a new room for us both. It's difficult to make descisions about that...The room is an ok size but in a cellar with not so much light.
The facilities are ok as we have our own kitchen and toilet and stuff and all inclusive for a very friendly price (in Icelandic terms friendly...)
But, the room we have now is so much lighter bigger and Valdi actually maybe (I don't really know) prefers to stay here with his mum, sis and bro. I just need a place for myself with my own little things, own fridge, own room, own kitchen and more like that. I just need some space. So Icelanders if you know somewhere a nice studio not too far from Klifurhúsið, please let me know :)
Ok, time to add some piccas of Céüse, the Netherlands and later on of the comps we joined.


The frog we found during nightclimbing in Céüse; Valdi asleep on our way from Céüse to Nice and the Netherlands; Getting high on green stuff with Mikkó my brother and Valdi at Amsterdam; Me windsurfing at Pampushaven; Windmills by night at Kinderdijk

No comments: