Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend





This weekend I decided to go to my parents and celebrate my birthday a bit.
That means playing games, walking in nature, having fun with my brother and sit in the bath for hours.
So, that was all fine and relaxing. I didnt even want to make any homework. Well, maybe I schould now, but that is my business.
My dad took me to a new to develop recreation and nature area called Pen-island. Pen was then old electricity factory near Muiden. Now replaced by a smaller factory.
The island was there for ages. As a child I went there with my uncle to discover the mushy muddy bushy place, which was always exciting and scary becuase you got sucked into the mud till your hips (at least, that happend when you got off the path we'd made every summer)
Now it was all loads more clear, we were even able to see the big lake (Ijsselmeer) for real.
My dad is a fanactic photographer and took over 50 pics, running for the sun, to get the best light and sun on the trees, birds and lake, he got out of breath in the cold wind.
When he's playing with his camera he just forgets time and he is focussed on every little detail around him.
Like this morning he took the most beautiful pics of a bird building its nest. He forgot his breakfast and his tea got cold. But, he had the bird...

No comments: